Trying not to get lost

By Crystal Rawls
With this being my first trip overseas, I had a lot of expectations for our study abroad trip to Munich. I knew that I would be challenged physically and emotionally during this trip, but I knew that I  wanted to learn not only more about the refugee crisis going on in Europe, but I also wanted to learn more about myself and I can honestly say that I have done all of that and so much more so far on this trip. I also had the expectation that I would get lost on this trip (that did happen) and that I would see new sights that I have never seen before (this also happened:)) Overall, my original expectations for this trip were pretty simple;

1.     To learn more about the culture of Munich and Germany
2.     To learn more about the refugee crisis that is currently taking place in Europe and how that ties to what is going on in the US.
3.     To try not to get lost (this was kind of a failure, but it was definitely an adventure. I also got lost with two amazing people, so I wasn’t alone :))
4.     To have amazing food, conversations and experiences
5.     And finally, to survive my first time on an airplane
So far, this trip has exceeded all of my expectations and I can not wait to see what the final few days have in store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Experience I will never forget....

What is Heimat anyway?

Navigation Challenges